Ep. 13 – Voices of ClioCon 2018
Summary: Episode 13 of the Blacklines & Billables podcast: our “Voices” podcast from the Clio Cloud Conference in New Orleans. We asked a range of lawyers and technologists attending the conference for on-the-spot short answers to a range of questions about ClioCon, the technological needs of small law and solo practitioners, and trends on the legal technology landscape more broadly. Their reactions and impressions created this pod, which captures a snapshot of the ClioCon experience and provides a window into the important conversations currently taking place in small law-focused legal tech community.
- What’s the most important difference between the tech needs of small firm or solo practitioners and those of large firm lawyers?
- What has been the most important technological advance for small firm and solo lawyers over the past five years?
- What will be the most important technological advance for small firm and solo lawyers over the next five years?
- (a) [For practitioners:] If you could snap your fingers and magically create the perfect app or service to help or fix a part of your practice, what would it be and why?(b) [For non-practitioners:] What’s the biggest unmet technological need for small firm or solo practitioners?
- What’s been the most interesting or surprising thing you’ve been hearing or seeing around ClicoCon?
- In your opinion, what’s the most valuable part of the ClioCon experience?
Special thanks to all of guests (in order of first appearance):
- Ernie Svenson, LawFirmAutopilot.com
- Dan Lear, Right Brain Law
- Gyi Tsakalakis, AttorneySync
- Allen Rodriguez, ONE400
- Jae Um, Six Parsecs
- Chad Burton, Curo Legal & Modern Law Practice
- Jason Tashea, Legal tech writer & Adjunct Professor at Georgetown Law
- Jared Correia, Red Cave Law Firm Consulting & Gideon
- Allen Weinberg, Family law attorney
- Keith Lee, LawyerSmack.com
- Joshua Lenon, Lawyer in Residence at Clio
- Adam Camras, Legal Talk Network
- Amanda Brown, Legal tech consultant
- Joyce Schwensen, Attorney
- Krista Coggins, Remedy Outside Counsel
- Mike Whelan, Jr., Lawyer Forward
- Sarah Glassmeyer, Project Specialist Manager at ABA Center for Innovation
- Irene Mo, Attorney
- Jules Miller, Prose Ventures
The Blacklines & Billables Podcast | Exploring law firm associate success and the cutting edge of legal technology and innovation