Ep.10 – Voices of CLOC 2018
Summary: Episode 10 of the Blacklines & Billables podcast: the next installment of our “Voices” series—this time from the Corporate Legal Operations Consortium’s Institute in Las Vegas. Armed with a portable microphone and eight questions about CLOC and legal technology and innovation, we asked a range of lawyers and technologists to share their views on key issues facing the legal and legal technology ecosystems. Their short, on-the-spot answers created this “Voices of CLOC 2018” podcast.
- As a legal technology conference, what makes CLOC special?
- What’s something you’d like to see or hear more at CLOC?
- What’s something you’d like to see or hear less at CLOC?
- What’s the most significant difference between the legal tech needs of corporate legal departments and law firms?
- Which legal innovation or technology product has been most significant for your professional life over the last three years?
- What’s the most interesting company, product, or innovation (with which you’re not affiliated) that you’ve seen at CLOC?
- What part of the legal landscape is most in need of significant innovation?
- What’s your favorite source of information about what’s happening in legal technology and innovation?
Special thanks to all of our guests (in order of first appearance):
- Chris Chin, Deputy General Counsel at Google
- Scott Weber, General Counsel at Lumina Networks
- Janelle Belling, Managing Director of E-Discovery Services & Strategy at Perkins Coie LLP
- Ken Adams, President at Adams Contracts Consulting LLC
- Susan Raridon Lambreth, Principal at LawVision Group
- Ameen Haddad, Assistant General Counsel at Oracle
- Carlos Gámez, Senior Director of Innovation – Legal Business at Thompson Reuters
- Bill Henderson, Law Professor at the Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- Paul Lippe, Member of the Advisory Board, Elevate Services
- Noah Waisberg, Co-Founder and CEO of Kira Systems
- Kingsley Martin, Chief Contract Scientist at Akorda
- Susan Hackett, CEO at Legal Executive Leadership LLC
- Ron Friedmann, Partner at Fireman & Company
- Brian Kuhn, Global Leader and Co-Founder of IBM Watson Legal
- David Cambria, Global Director of Operations for Law, Compliance, and Government Relations at Archer Daniels Midland
- Dean Sonderegger, VP Legal Markets, Innovation at Wolters Kluwer
- Byron Buck, Senior Corporate Counsel at Caterpillar
The Blacklines & Billables Podcast | Exploring law firm associate success and the cutting edge of legal technology and innovation